You may complete a Voter Registration application and mail it to our office or come by our office at 900 S. Polk Street, Room 320.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
- Your voter registration will become effective 30 days after it is received by our office or on your 18th birthday, whichever is later.
- If you move to another county, you must register in the county of your new residence.
- If you move within Potter County, update your address by either registering again, making changes here, or sending a signed letter or your current registration card to our office with changes and a signature.
- If you changed your name, update your information by either registering again, making changes here, or sending a signed letter or your current registration card to our office with changes and a signature.
- Photo ID requirements for voting have changed. Find complete infromation at votetexas.gov.
- You will automatically receive a new certificate every two years if you haven’t moved from the address at which you are registered.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER TO VOTE IF:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are at least 17 years 10 months of age;
- You are not a convicted felon who has not completed your sentence, probation and parole;
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.