Military and Overseas Voters
Visit the military/overseas section of votetexas.gov to vote by mail.
Application for Ballot by Mail
You may download an application for ballot by mail here. Be sure to check the eligibility requirements below. Note that all applications expire on December 31. You must re-apply each year to continue receiving your ballots by mail.
To be eligible to vote early by mail in Texas, you must either:
- Be 65 years of age or older,
- Be disabled,
- Be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting in person, or
- Be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.
Instructions for submitting an Application for Ballot by Mail (ABBM):
- Print the pdf for the link above OR contact our office by phone or email and an ABBM will be mailed to you.
- Complete Sections 1 through 8.
- Sign Section 10.
- If someone helped you complete the application or mailed the application for you, that person must complete Sections 11a through 11b.
- If you printed the application, you must place it in your own envelope and add postage.
- If you ordered the application from our office, fold in half, seal and add postage.
- Address and mail the completed ABBM to Potter County Elections, P.O. Box 9618, Amarillo, TX 79105-9618.
- You may hand-deliver your ballot by mail to our office at 900 S. Polk St., Room 320 on Election Day. Ballot must be postmarked by the USPS or received by our office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.